Wednesday, December 5, 2012

16 Ways I Blew My Marriage

I have not "blogged" in a while for a few reasons.
First, time.  I have no time.  However, this changes soon as I will be finishing my Masters in a few days!!  WOOHOO!!
Second, relevance.  Is it even cool to blog anymore?  Do other people have time to read?
Third, inspiration.  Because of life and school, my brain, and sometimes my soul, runs on empty.

However, I read a blog from someone else and had to share.  Share is cooler if you click share and post it via Facebook or Twitter.  However, my position makes this blog a necessary place to share this post.  Within the blog are a few cuss words and so on.  I do not want someone to misunderstand my words for the blog's author.  However, after reading his main points, if you want the website, message me via Facebook.

The title of the post is "16 Ways I Blew My Marriage" by Dan Pearce.  Obviously, a must read title!  As I read through, I realized some of the areas where even I can relate to the thoughts of the author.  Example, holding hands.  I used to extremely love holding hands.  However, now, I will find ways to escape the hand holding (though completely valid excuses).  So here are the 16 main points.  The explanations from the author are great and can translate well to any marriage situation right now or future marriage!  Enjoy.

1.  Don't stop holding her hand
2.  Don't stop trying to be attractive
3.  Don't always point out her weaknesses
4.  Don't stop cooking for her
5.  Don't yell at your spouse
6.  Don't call names
7.  Don't be stingy with your money
8.  Don't argue in front of the kids
9.  Don't encourage each other to skip working out
10.  Don't poop with the bathroom door open
11.  Don't stop kissing her
12.  Don't stop having fun together
13.  Don't pressure each other
14.  Don't label each other with negative labels
15.  Don't skip out on things that are not important to her
16.  Don't emotionally distance yourself after a fight

I found out there was a part two to this list.  However, I will leave that for you to discover.

Until Next Time...

1 comment:

  1. For the most part, I agree with this list. However, there is one item on this list that is difficult to do when you have toddlers running around the house. I'll let you guess which one that is :)

    ReplyDelete